Health » Sexual behaviour: Sexual behaviour of school children by nationality

During last sexual intercourse the condom was used by school-age (13, 15 y. o.) person or by their partner

Age groups are formed on the basis of forms 5, 7 and 9. The majority of students of these forms are 11...12, 13...14 or 15...16 years old. However, the research must also include the students who are repeating the year. As a prerequisite, 90% of the students must be of ±6 months the mean age of their age group, the remaining 10% must not be over the mean age of more than 12 months. The specification into age groups of 11, 13 and 15 years is in a way conditional because the cleaned files include also 12, 14 and 16 year old students in a certain amount.

Unit: percent

Disaggregated by: academic year, condom use, nationality

Note: 2005/2006 academic year data is weighted. 2009/2010 academic year data is unweighted, but is representative.

Source: National Institute of Health Development, Health Behaviour in School-aged Children (HBSC)

Ethnic nationality
Academic year Condom use Estonian Non-estonian
2005/2006 Used condom 85,9 82,3
2005/2006 Did not use condom 14,1 17,7
2009/2010 Used condom 90,1 88,6
2009/2010 Did not use condom 9,9 11,4